Thursday 26 December 2013

No Sunshine

Would you laze around with me?
Darling.
I don't know what to do here
Boredom, you see...
Would you laze around with me?
It'd be better with you
I know
If we were
Again
We're not
But a girl can dream
Would you laze around with me though?
This isn't something we can do
But I do
Imagine
Us in the snow
Walking and it's falling
A single flake can glow
And land on my shoe tip
And I'll stay still
Transfixed
Trying to hold it there
Like a football
Ha.
And I'll be focused
And you'll stare at me
And you'll wonder at my focus
Marvel at the degree of it
And fall in love with me even more
A girl can dream, you see.
If even these dreams turn into nightmares
Even if these dreams drive her insane
Why can't I dream?
I can
But not about this, right?
Because this is me holding on
To hope
That we will be again
So would you laze around with me?
You wouldn't, would you?
I think you would
But you'd laze with her too.
You still can't make up your mind
That is my dilemma
My undoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment